5 Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me,[a] “Write, for these words are true and faithful.” (Revelation 21:3-5) I don't know about you, but after living in this world full of sin, those words will be most welcome. Then I read on. John, the author of Revelation, started describing the new heaven and new earth. I started to imagine what it would be like with it's walls of jewels and all the glorious things described there. But then, I realized, that as much beauty as there is on this earth God has made, it is nothing compared to what is to come. We can't even imagine it (drats!) because we are yet to see anything so beautiful! Yet, God has given us things like this.

Even these flowers in their bounty cannot compare to those God has in store for us.

All of these colors, and there are a lot of them, have nothing on the glorious colors to come. Colors, are something quite amazing to me.

These trees, as lovely as they are, again, are nothing to what's coming. ( I like this picture don't you?)
And finally, all of the giant castles and wonders man has made, are nothing. For God has made a place for us! Us! Sinners! But more important, we are forgiven through the final sacrifice of Christ Jesus His son. And only if you believe that, you are forgiven and able to live forever in God's glory. Phew! Sorry to put such a big Theological post on you first thing, but it's just what's been on my mind lately!
Don't apologize; I like theology. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a comforting passage of Scripture to remember amidst this dark world and all the upcoming changes in our personal lives.
As the great theologian, Linus Van Pelt says, "Sound theology will do that." [bring comfort]
ReplyDeleteSo thankful you decided to skip counting sheep and instead hear from The Shepherd!
It is comforting to read that this sin-filled world is not all we have, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteThank you for this. :)
(and I do like that picture of the trees!)